Abulsme.com is now up and running from the new house. Yea! It was stubborn for a bit, but with some help from Chris I got it all happy again.
I gained a bunch of download speed, but also lost a bunch of upload speed. Which makes for better web surfing and all that, but isn't as good for running a site off of. I also no longer have a seperate fixed IP for the server. But that is all accounted for, and it is working. (As is obvious if you are reading this.)
For reference, here are my DSL Reports test results:
At the old house:
2004-10-27 23:17:30 EST: 805 / 600At the new house:
Your download speed : 824753 bps, or 805 kbps.
A 100.6 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 615072 bps, or 600 kbps.
2005-01-06 00:05:38 EST: 2571 / 351Of course those test results are influenced by many factors and come out different every time you run them, and I just ran them once in each location rather than running it many times and taking an average, but the general conclusions are I'm sure accurate. Much faster downloads, much slower uploads. A trade off I guess.
Your download speed : 2633624 bps, or 2571 kbps.
A 321.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 359534 bps, or 351 kbps.