<< Scatterbrandy Returns   |   ARCHIVES   |   I am DUN >>

Cronus has Shipped

I've been checking my order status page at least daily, sometimes more. As of my checks yesterday, they still said they expected Cronus to ship on March 1st and arrive by March 8th. (I'd just gotten regular shipping.) That's what it had said ever since the moment I ordered it.

Well, a little over an hour ago, I unexpectedly got an email letting me know that it had indeed shipped and was on the way. It has just been picked up by FedEx in Shanghai, China. According to the email from Apple, it should arrive here in Seattle on the 14th. That would be Tuesday. Woo!!!!

Of course, this is earlier than expected, so I am not actually fully prepared. I had expected to be in a real apartment and with broadband access before I got it. So I didn't get the external modem dongle thing. I should be able to use Bluetooth DUN on my cellphone, but then of course when I was online I would not be able to use my phone. So I may have to make a run to the Apple Store this weekend for one of those modem dongles, so I can keep dialing up at 56k until I do move into a real apartment and have broadband and all. It will be a shame to run a nice new machine like that on a 56k Internet connection... but I'll manage. :-)

It is on the way! Woo!

Abulsme - Thu, 9 Feb 2006, 00:40:11 PST

COMMENTS

It is in Alaska now! Alaska is not that far from Seattle... or so I hear!

Posted by: Abulsme on Thu, 9 Feb 2006, 14:51:38 PST

Woah! It already left Alaska! I'm thinking it may get here before Tuesday... Maybe.

Posted by: Abulsme on Thu, 9 Feb 2006, 18:04:31 PST

It is in Indiana now! Getting further away! :-(

Posted by: Abulsme on Thu, 9 Feb 2006, 23:36:34 PST

It left Indiana about 6 hours ago! Woo! (This probably means not before Monday though. :-()

Posted by: Abulsme on Fri, 10 Feb 2006, 09:28:15 PST

Damn it, it lied. It was "in transit" but it now appears still in Indiana. It just now finally says "Departed FedEx Location" from Indianapolis. This is what I get for picking normal shipping. Looks like it probably will be Tuesday afterall, although I guess there is a chance for Monday.

Posted by: Abulsme on Fri, 10 Feb 2006, 14:20:00 PST

Fed ex has these flights for the computer industry cargo only, our stuff also takes that flight, they are all routed to Indiana to clear customs and then all the shipments are routed to the final destination. The flights are pretty loaded so even though those aircraft have the range fora non-stiop,not when they are carrying that much cargo, so it has to make a refueling stop in Alaska. Your computer should probably arrive on Monday,not tuesday... When it's a custom built product it doesn't help to get the extra fast shipping.

Posted by: ivanbou on Sat, 11 Feb 2006, 13:35:42 PST

It made it to Seattle Friday night. I do indeed expect to have it Monday unless something goes wonky.

Posted by: Abulsme on Sat, 11 Feb 2006, 17:19:53 PST

I told you!

Posted by: ivanbou on Sun, 12 Feb 2006, 07:52:18 PST

It is now on the truck for delivery.

Posted by: Abulsme on Mon, 13 Feb 2006, 08:19:26 PST

It is in the mailroom.

Posted by: Abulsme on Mon, 13 Feb 2006, 09:12:55 PST

It is in the trunk of my car.

It was very tempting to bring it upstairs and at least open the brown cardboard box to see the actual box inside. But I have meetings pretty much all day and a full work day ahead of me, so it probably would have just been distracting. And its not like I'm going to set it up here or anything.

Urgh, a full work day ahead of me! Should be a fun day actually given what all is scheduled, but I am now ready to go home and get Cronus set up!

Posted by: Abulsme on Mon, 13 Feb 2006, 09:31:17 PST

Note: You must be registered and logged in to post a comment!
If you try to post a comment without logging on first, the comment will be lost!
Apologies for the inconvienance. Blame the comment spammers.

Notify me when someone replies to this post?

Powered by pMachine