So, I've been working my way up the Chessmaster Personality ladder.
* Cassie (Rating 23) - Beat on first game
* Pete (Rating 37) - Beat on first game
* Niko (Rating 57) - Beat on first game
* Ben (Rating 84) - I was completely dominating on the first game, but messed up and caused a stalemete, I beat him on the second game
Then the trouble started
* Petra (Rating 311) - I was crushing her and about to deliver mate and the GAME CRASHED. No record of my game remained. I played her again and crushed her again.
* Parker (Rating 313) - I was delivering checkmate and the GAME CRASHED AGAIN. Once again leaving no record of the game.
Please understand... I have made sure to record every move of every game of chess I have played... or even started to play but not finished... since I was in 8th grade. I suck at chess, but I had been sure to do that. Every game.
But when I play computers, I don't hand write down the games. Because when it is over I can save it or print it or whatever. I now, for the first time in something like 20 years, have two games I played that I do not have the moves for. I suck at chess. Badly. So it isn't like these games are to be studied or something. It is just something I have done and been proud that I've had a complete set. Now I don't.
This isn't quite as bad as the email meltdown of 2004, but it is up there.
I now know that I can not play Chessmaster 9000 unless I want to take the extra effort to hand write every move as a backup.
I have yet to decide if that is worth it.
(And yes, I installed the two available patches to make sure I am completely up to date. Those supposidly fixed the bugs it had with Tiger, but perhaps there are new Rosetta bugs that they haven't fixed yet.)
Anyway, I'm very unhappy at the moment.
i can kick your a*s at chess and have done so if i do recall....oh wait...i don't recall much of that day in the first place... ;)
Register at FICS or ICC and I'll log in for a rematch!