On this week’s Curmudgeon’s Corner Sam and Ivan hit three big issues: Trump’s accusation that Obama ordered wiretaps, the new Executive Order on immigration, and the plan to replace Obamacare. Along the way we also touch on an odd constitutional edge case, how Priebus is doing as Chief of Staff, and the usual weekly Russia updates.
Click below to listen and subscribe!
Length this week – 1:49:16
- (0:00:42-0:13:15) But First
- Sam Sick Kid
- Ivan Travels
- (0:14:58-0:54:53) Trump Wiretap / Russia
- The Accusation
- Not Defending Trump
- Trusting Trump
- Trump Attention Span
- Russia Connections Again
- Trump vs Pence
- Constitutional Edge Case
- (0:55:57-1:14:53) Immigration
- New Executive Order
- Does it get struck down again?
- Knives out for Priebus
- (1:16:53-1:48:56) Healthcare
- Summary of Republican Plan
- Objections from the Left
- Objections from the Right
- Motives of plan supporters
- Politics of the plan
- Why not actually repeal first?
- Prospects of the plan
The Curmudgeon’s Corner theme music is generously provided by Ray Lynch.
Our intro is “The Oh of Pleasure” (Amazon MP3 link)
Our outro is “Celestial Soda Pop” (Amazon MP3 link)
Both are from the album “Deep Breakfast” (iTunes link)
Please buy his music and support his GoFundMe.