On this week’s Curmudgeon’s Corner, Sam and Ivan catch up with the developments of the last few weeks for the Presidential race. They cover all the dynamics on the Republican side, and discuss if Sanders really is a threat to Clinton on the Democratic side. In the lightning round, a round up of some other recent news… Chinese markets, Iran and Saudi Arabia, CES, Y’all Qaeda in Oregon, book and TV show reviews, and more!
Click below to listen or subscribe… then let us know your own thoughts!
Length this week – 1:36:59
- (0:00:10-0:14:19) Intro
- (0:15:07-0:42:25) Election 2016 – Republicans
- Internet Slowdowns
- Iowa Polls
- Trump’s Cruz Birtherism
- Likely Voter Models
- Rapid Poll Movements
- Kasich surge?
- Candidates Dropping Out
- Contested Convention scenarios
- State by State Delegate Rules
- (0:43:02-0:59:45) Election 2016 – Democrats
- More on Republican delegate allocation in Iowa and New Hampshire
- Clinton lead slipping
- Why the late Sanders surge?
- What if Clinton loses both Iowa and New Hampshire?
- Clinton superdelegate advantage
- Media bias toward a close race
- Possible Clinton meltdowns
- Trump’s position vs Clinton’s position
- (1:00:48-1:36:39) Lightning Round
- Book: Conversations with Myself
- TV Series: Star Trek (TOS) [1966-1969]
- If you disagree, you just aren’t listening
- Iran / Saudi Arabia
- Iran and the Navy boats
- Y’all Qaeda
- Secretary Carter’s Email
- Twitter Character Limit
- Other things we missed